As 2019 comes to a close, I wanted to address depression and anxiety. Many people face it daily.
According to www.healthline.com, “It’s estimated that 16.2 million adults in the United States, or 6.7 percent of American adults, have had at least one major depressive episode in a given year.”
Below are some scriptures that helps me and also can help you.
1. Isaiah 26:3–4 – You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.
2. Psalm 18:1–2 – I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
3. John 14:1 – Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.
4. Psalm 28:7 – The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him.
5. Psalm 91:1–2 – He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”
6. Matthew 6:34 – Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.
7. Isaiah 41:10 – Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
8. Matthew 11:28–30 – Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
9. Psalm 27:1 – The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
10. Psalm 61:1–2 – Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
11. Isaiah 40:31- But they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.
12. Matthew 28:20 – And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
13. Psalm 121:1–2 – I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
14. Deuteronomy 31:8 – It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
15. 1 Peter 5:6–7 – Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
16. Proverbs 18:10 – The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.
17. Psalm 94:19 – When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.
18. Exodus 33:14 – And he said, “My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
19. Micah 7:7–8 – But as for me, I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me. Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me.
20. John 15:5 – I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.